Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

Every day we get a little bit closer to the AMP Energy 500 weekend. In just a little more than a month from now, campers will be arriving at Talladega Superspeedway to get ready for the HALLOW-DEGA festivities. I always get asked what do you and the staff do the rest of the year, you only have two races? Well, I can assure you that we stay busy. For example, this week I have been in numerous meetings revolving around last-minute advertising , logistical discussions around the Zac Brown concert in the infield, as well as the 2010 Aaron’s Dream Weekend. With us opening the Zac Brown concert to all AMP Energy 500 ticket holders, this is creating an entire new element to our weekend and we’re excited. I also spent some time in Birmingham Thursday morning doing media for the race. Those activities never get old. I enjoy doing radio and television. It’s a lot of fun. We’re very fortunate around here that we have educated media that really asks the right questions and help you promote the race.

This weekend it’s off to Dover and race #2 in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship. Dover is one of those tracks where drivers and teams who have had success there in the past usually do well. With that said, I think Jimmie Johnson will have a good weekend and I pick Martin Truex as a sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment