Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and your New Year has started as great as mine.

The talk around Alabama today is the University of Alabama’s big victory over the University of Texas for the college football National Championship. My wife is an Alabama alum so our house pulls for the Crimson Tide every Saturday in the fall. However, last night’s victory was especially rewarding for me and the staff here at Talladega Superspeedway.

Earlier in the week we reached out to our friends at Texas Motor Speedway and placed a little wager on the game. Today, the Talladega Superspeedway flag flies high above the offices at Texas Motor Speedway and was raised there this morning by my counterpart Eddie Gossage.

Eddie is also sending us some brisket to enjoy next week.

More than 20 years ago I interned under Eddie at Charlotte Motor Speedway and over the years he’s fed me and others a lot of “bull.” This time, however, it’s some bull I can actually eat.

Roll Tide!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mr. Humphrey! I have been to your track for at least 1 race per year since 2001 and I have to say there are few places on Earth I love more than Talladega. I'm glad to see you guys are putting in some new seats at Talladega, I really can't wait! Although I love the Tower seats there's nothing like being right next to the fence! After this the only thing you guys have left to do is put in some lights for night racing and you'll officially be the best track in all of human creation ;). BTW! Major kudos to you on getting the track repaved AND a bridge put in for people like me who park in turn 3 but have tickets on the front stretch.

    I just graduated from the University of Tennessee so I am definitely a VOL but I'm glad someone from the SEC took the championship this year, although we should of had you guys earlier in the year if it weren't for that giant on your team haha. Anyways, I think you might like this footage I shot from the last race at your track:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAcWYf5AZDI

    I was also on the Talladega website and I couldn't find any information on working for the speedway, it would be a dream come true to work for Talladega, any tips?

    Lastly, do you know anything about the new rule changes that NASCAR is going to announce on the 21st? I heard they are getting rid of the no-bumping zones and the yellow line rule. If they do I really think Talladega will be selling out like it did back in the early 2000's! It's sad that some fans have stopped going to the track because of the controversial rule changes and race finishes.

    Anyways, congrats again to Bama, hopefully i'll talk to you later!

    Kris Wysong
    www.kriswysong.com

    ReplyDelete