Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16, 2009

The season wraps up this week with the Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway and for some it will be a sad day, for others the checkered flag can’t come fast enough.

For some in the sport who have been traveling week in and week out, Sunday evening will be a welcome sight. However, don’t be fooled with misnomer of ‘off-season’ that is used to describe December and January. The sport is very busy during these two months with banquets mixed in with the holidays, as well as adjusting and adapting to the many changes that are typical between seasons.

When I traveled the circuit for several years, there was a lot of enjoyment and excitement from one stop to the next. And when Atlanta, the season-finale back then, rolled around, I would always think I was excited for the end of the season. Back then, it would usually take me about a week before I would start missing all of the travel and excitement that comes with our sport.

Although I don’t travel the entire circuit, there’s still that excitement around my house for another champion to be crowned and another season of NASCAR racing to be put in the record books.

But if it’s like any other year at my house, shortly after Thanksgiving, we’ll start our countdown to the Daytona 500 and the start of another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment