Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

With Thanksgiving behind us, it’s time to turn the focus toward crowning Jimmie Johnson with another NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship. That is certainly nothing new as of late, but something is a little different this year.

For the first time since the early 1980s, the banquet will not be held in New York. Instead, Wednesday, the Talladega team and I will head to Las Vegas for the start of something new – the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series banquet at the Wynn.

I, for one, have always enjoyed going to New York. Over the years, it’s like any other place, you get accustomed to things, you know where the good restaurants are and you just know your way around. But I can tell you it wasn’t that way the very first time I went to New York back in 1993. Much like how I feel about going to Vegas this year, I had no idea what to expect.

One thing is for sure, the Sprint Cup Series banquet is always a good time and Las Vegas always does a good job of hosting events. Therefore, it should be another great time as we honor Jimmie Johnson and his team for a fourth consecutive year.

I will send another blog Thursday to let you know how everything is going. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment